Thursday, October 9, 2008

Groundbreaking

The groundbreaking of our new house was yesterday. Today they poured the footings and Monday they pour the foundation. Not sure when the actual building of the house will start, as Jason and his partner just accepted to frame up 2 homes for another construction company. We do want to have it done by May 1, 2009, so as long as Jason keeps that in mind we should be good to go.
I am getting very excited for the whole process of building to start. Jason and I spent about an hour last weekend driving around looking at houses to decide if we wanted to do drivet with stone, all brick on the front or just stone on the lower half and dress it up a little more with borders and such. After not solving much, but deciding that we really needed to look at the prices of each of these ideas we have come to the conclusion of doing stone on the bottom half and dressing up the rest of the front of the house by putting borders around the windows. We also took some time out last weekend to go look at appliances at the local tv, audio and appliance store. I have an idea of what I want for all this stuff. Well, actually I would really like the oversized refrigerator and cool microwave/oven combination that they have, but these just don't seem to fit into our budget, so I guess I will have to settle for something on the cheaper side, oh well I can dream, right!?
Just wanted to update you all and let you know that we have started the process and I will keep posting as I get more updates and even PICTURES!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL tools!! Sounds fun! Hope the "goal date" works out.

Stacey said...

Ok Sara---waiting for pics! so fun!!